POSITION: SALES REPRESENTATIVE - GENERAL
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
Grand River Robotics is leading agricultural service and solutions dealership specializing in facility design, installation and service solutions for the dairy and hog industries. Our goal is to provide our customers with dedicated service and automated solutions to enable them to have a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable future in farming. We focus on selling and servicing Lely equipment, along with quality complementary products from Hoofcount and Dairypower, that accent the Lely brand of equipment. Grand River Robotics is committed to continually improving our customers’ experience with our product offerings, as well as through our knowledge and ongoing training and advice.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
To better serve our expanding business, we are currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill a Sales Representative position. We are looking for someone who has general knowledge and sales expertise in the agriculture industry and is enthusiastic about promoting the products and solutions Grand River Robotics has to offer in an effort to increase sales and grow our existing customer base.
The Sales Representative will be responsible for managing a designated sales territory by promoting and selling the agricultural equipment product lines we supply.
The successful candidate will consult with customers and offer Grand River Robotics product lines and solutions to enhance the profitability and success of their growing operation by demonstrating the following key skills and attributes:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, by telephone and email
- Providing quotations to customers
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service and follow-up
- Conduct professional and engaging sales presentations
- Answer questions and offer suggestions to prospects based on a thorough knowledge of the product lines
- Offer additional products or services to customers related to the sale
- Assist customers with any relevant paperwork to complete the sale
- Maintain an-up to-date knowledge of competitors’ products for comparison
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects
- Emphasize product or service features and benefits, quote prices and prepare sales order forms/reports
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues
- Attend periodic manufacturer sales training and Grand River Robotics events when required
- Knowledge of agriculture sector, dairy and swine industry knowledge considered an asset
- Sales and territory management experience would be an assets, but for the right candidate not necessary.
- Proven track record of closing deals and achieving sales success
- Experience in barn layout and providing project design plans and solutions is considered an asset
- Knowledge in the product lines we sell
- Outgoing attitude with a passion for top-notch customer service
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers as well as other departments
- Competitive, self-motivated individual who is disciplined and goal orientated
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving
- Proficient on computer programs, CRM and software required
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A valid drivers’ license with a clean driving record
We offer a competitive salary structure plus a full benefit package.
Grand River Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process. We are interested in long term employment applications only. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Deadline to apply is November 26, 2021.