POSITION: Financial Controller
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
Grand River Robotics is the leading agricultural service and solutions dealership specializing in facility design, installation and service solutions for the dairy and hog industries. Our goal is to provide our customers with dedicated service and automated solutions to enable them to have a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable future in farming. Grand River Robotics is committed to continually improving our customers’ experience with our product offerings, as well as through our knowledge and ongoing training and advice.
The ideal candidate is an experienced controller who will be responsible for the accurate and timely financial management of the organization. The successful applicant will be responsible for accounting operations, production of periodic financial reports, and maintenance of accounting records.
Grand River Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process. We are interested in long term employment applications only. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Establishing and maintaining financial controls with the accounting department.
- Review and assign work to the bookkeeping department.
- Ensuring compliance with provincial regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Oversee service order invoicing.
- Overseeing financials of special projects.
- Developing internal control guidelines, policies, and procedures for budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration, and other activities.
- Coordinating and directing budgeting, procurement, investment activities, and financial planning.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports and risk analysis.
- Creating budgets and forecasts.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Providing support to management, particularly in commercial and financial matters.
- Creating reports that help senior leadership understand company financials.
- Being responsible for the company general ledger.
- Overseeing general office operation.
- Supervising, mentoring, training and coaching office staff and delegating assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
- Producing, composing and drafting reports.
- Creating presentations and other management-level reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Professional accounting designation in good standing is required.
- Strong proficiency with QuickBooks an asset.
- Proven work experience in accounting or a related field.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of financial data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel.
- Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so people of all levels can understand.
- Deep understanding of finance.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org